Post Collapse Patrolling

Gadgets and Methods

Post Collapse Patrolling

Postby kmussack » 12 Oct 2016 10:57

In a video published on October 7th PJF announced that he was going to offer a course of instruction about patrolling in a post collapse environment.

At 3:53 he says, “One does not defend one’s home from one’s mailbox. You have to push your perimeter out. And one way we do that is through patrolling.”

I mean to respectfully comment on what I think PJF meant.

It is important to know what’s going on in that area surrounding your position. This can be done by patrolling.

However, the limits of a patrolled area do not constitute a perimeter.

A perimeter is essentially an imaginary line on the ground surrounding a place, across which your adversary can only come in one of three ways (or in some combination there of);

1. By permission
2. By force
3. By stealth

I’m sure PJF knows this and that his intention in that video was describe in a colloquial way the usefulness of patrolling to the security of a retreat following a collapse.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Re: Post Collapse Patrolling

Postby Joe » 12 Oct 2016 18:54

Indeed.
You like semantics, I know...
:)
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby kmussack » 13 Oct 2016 06:37

You got me. I like semantics (word meaning), particularly in a military context.

Every time I hear David Kobler (aka Sothern Prepper 1) use the term “Combat Multiplier” it makes me itch somewhere behind my eyes.

FWIW according to U.S. DoD terminology the term is: “Force Multiplier”

Does any of this actually matter?

I don’t know, probably not.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby Kolt » 13 Oct 2016 15:37

I believe it matters.

Words mean things.

My big pet peeve is "muscle memory". I can't stand that phrase.

I know a bit more than most about anatomy and physiology, but even most common people should at least wonder what part of the muscle contains the memory and come up with none as the answer.

Take care,
K
"I do today what others will not do, so I can do tomorrow what others cannot do" ... unknown
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." Proverbs 27:12
Kolt

Return to Surveillance and Security