How About Pepper Spray

Postby Ekiwinox » 21 Oct 2017 20:32

I'm just the messenger.
Ekiwinox

Re: How About Pepper Spray

Postby Joe » 21 Oct 2017 21:43

Sure
Couple things:
Spray and move laterally, spray and move, spray and mov ((so BG cannot grab you))
Aim at upper chest and move stream to face ((chest easier to hit, spray residue soaks shirt and fumes go to face))
Mind the wind
Used in conjunction with knife brings superior results
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby mosby's men » 22 Oct 2017 14:06

i put a strip of velcro down the lenth of the can even with the nozzle so you know where the stream is going .
had one guy pepper spray us instead of the criminal .
if you point a pepper spray can at me i am going to empty the mag.
2004,2005,2006,2007.2008,2009,2010,2011 ,2013,2014,2015 national winter B.O.B event
2009,2010 viking fest
2011 G.O.T'S
mosby's men
Viking Moderator

Postby kmussack » 23 Oct 2017 04:25

Back in my Army National Guard days our unit had an "aid to civil authorities" mission. Essentially it was a riot control mission. So we had a bunch of equipment to support that effort. Among the gear were several modified M9 flamethrowers intended to dispense CS powder (CS2 dry powder (CS2 is a siliconized, micro-pulverized form of CS).

In training exercises we used baby powder as a benign substitute. After a long weekend of training we'd leave the state fairgrounds smelling pretty sweet.

I have extensive personal experience with CS gas/agent. At one time in my career I had developed a pseudo immunity. I had become so familiar with the effects that there was zero emotional response to being exposed.

If you're going to employ a "less lethal" chemical agent;

a. Know the wind conditions.
b. Provide for your personal protection. (respirator/gas mask)
c. Deploy a lot of agent and don't let up. (Consider stocking large cans of bear spray.)
d. Consider the collateral effects.
e. Have a plan for decontamination.
f. Be prepared to escalate to lethal measures if necessary.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby Hawk45 » 23 Oct 2017 19:39

As my old depts. resident pepper spray instructor, I will say get the 10% solution if you can. Most sold to 'civilians' is the 3% solution. I have seen folks walk straight up to the sprayer and take it away from them. You want the stream type and NOT the fine spray. Fine spray gets the user more times than the preferred target.

Our dept has a policy if your pepper spray is taken away and attempted to be used on the officer then LETHAL FORCE is authorized and encouraged. If plain words, if you lose your spray then shoot the individual in center of mass multiple times!

BTW the 25% strength solution was first used by the Idaho wildlife dept for Bear control. It WORKS!
It takes a village......to feed a T Rex

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying, "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
Hawk45

Postby Hawk45 » 23 Oct 2017 19:43

BTW if you are going to use pepper spray, then also carry a small sample size Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. That is the most effective solution I have found to decontaminate quickly. Cheap non J&J baby shampoo does NOT work as good!
It takes a village......to feed a T Rex

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying, "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
Hawk45

Return to Weaponry