One is None, Two is One

Gathering place to socialize and discuss things that fit nowhere else.

One is None, Two is One

Postby Ekiwinox » 15 May 2017 10:08

Probably refers to walls, also.

Authorities in Hamburg, Germany, have begun confiscating private dwellings to house migrants. The city is renovating the properties and will rent them — against the will of the owner — to migrants. All renovation costs will be billed to the owner of the properties. Government-imposed rental caps will make it impossible for owners to ever recover the renovation costs. Because the owners refused to make their property available to the city on a voluntary basis, the city should be given the right to take it by force. We are doing everything we can to ensure that the refugees are not homeless.

That is how I read it.
Ekiwinox

Re: One is None, Two is One

Postby Hawk45 » 15 May 2017 13:05

Its called 'imminent domain' here in the US. I still think it would make ALL the founding fathers spin in their graves.

Sometimes governments make it hard to decide on who needs shooting!
It takes a village......to feed a T Rex

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying, "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
Hawk45

Postby Ekiwinox » 15 May 2017 23:10

Missing from the Original Post is beware to loving, caring volunteers feeding needy hungry people Kellogg's Corn Flakes three days in a row anywhere near you, The Corn Flakes provider will have a major revolt on their hands. Hungry people being fed Corn Flakes three days in a row will revolt. In support of PJF's Come Out of Her My People quote from scripture, Migrants do not want to live in natures Timbuktu. Migrants want to live in a city and will complain a lot if they are put in the no-wheresville suburbs. Migrants will not get off the bus and will make the bus go to a city. Special Note to those who think they live in no-wheresville suburbs. There are already many migrants shipped right into no-wheresville on a bus in the dark of night to suburbs with churches etc. getting funding to find apartments, furniture, clothes, Walmart cards, and help the migrants on their way in the town. I think I accidentally bumped into a group of migrants being helped by a nearby caring church. I asked the church person afterwards about what I saw. Yes they were a helping church. The migrants being helped were unfamiliar with car door handles and confused as to how to use the handle to grasp the door handles in order to get into the car and all needed help to open the car door to get inside the car. As I saw from a distance the pious attitude of the driver was palpable. The driver was nearly drowning in so much goodness points that they had to actively fight it off in order to suppress it enough to do the good works. The person who confirmed what I saw seemed supportive of the program because obviously it is what really good churches and especially really good people do. Come out of her my people might apply to suburbs too. As the suburbs are pretty much the city in this process.

Some places have an issue with banks owned houses now. This house debt is gathered up and barely looked at and sold as groups of AAA debt. It is not AAA debt. This is sold to your pension. That is OK because it is guaranteed by the full faith and taxation ability of the US government. Cough. Taxes pay that. Then there is the FDIC Insurance. I think they have 100 years to pay you back your money if the bank defaults. Not sure. Did you need it before then?
Ekiwinox

Postby Java MS » 17 May 2017 10:35

I believe that I can demolish my house before they can take it. Vacant lots won't do them any good. And yes the churches are becoming part of the problem in some towns.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
Java MS

Postby Hawk45 » 18 May 2017 11:24

Don't know about demolishing it, but I can booby trap it where they will not want to rush right in...........................hehehe.........
It takes a village......to feed a T Rex

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!

I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying, "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
Hawk45

Return to Mead Hall